Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Rooster"
9x12 Oil
You can't really see all the different colors in this painting. I have violets, yellows, greens and reds. I was trying for a double split complementary relationship. Two pairs of complementary colors forming an X on the color wheel.
My painting forums February painting challenge was to paint using our opposite hand. So far I'm the only one crazy enough to try it.
Last summer while on the local farm tour I was able to get this picture. He really thought he owned the place.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ronna, love your blog....
    but I still think you rooster is just "Outstanding".

    sm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rooster. Out of this world. This is your best by far. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherry. Thanks Mommy.
    I enjoyed painting him.

    ReplyDelete