Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My copy of "Repose"

My attempt at painting John Singer Sargent's "Repose"
I painted mine on an 18"x24" primed smooth artist panel with a 1.5" cradle edge.  I was able to get this slightly damaged panel for $10 while at Dick's Outlet in Illinois.
  I found this to be a challenge but I enjoyed painting it.  
The original hangs in the National Gallery of Art in DC.  I was able to get a nice print while at their museum.  The print is what I used to get my color matching.  No, I didn't draw this on my board. It would have taken me hours.  I just wanted to start painting!  I took a picture of the print with my camera and then enlarged to my panel size in Adobe Photo.  I printed (in sections) onto plain computer paper.  Then I transferred to the panel using Saral transfer paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment